Answer the questions below with "True" or False".
1. I usually put my best foot forward. _______
2. I rarely feel embarrassed. ________
3. I feel I have above-average intelligence. ________
4. I am quite ambitious. ________
5. I can be very decisive. ________
6. I am tenacious in matters that count. _______
7. I enjoy my own company. _______
8. I have strong powers of concentration. _______
9. I donít feel shy or ill-at-ease with new people. _______
10. When situations beyond my control go wrong, I donít blame myself. ______
11. I enjoy being praised or complimented. _______
12. I donít feel anxious when I have to address a group. _______
13. I have fantasies of doing something great. _______
14. I feel humiliated and hurt if someone makes a joke at my expense. _______
15. I donít mind showing off my good points and getting attention for them.____
16. In general, I have lots of energy._______
17. I enjoy taking calculated risks. _______
18. I am psychologically tough. _______
19. I have a great deal of self-confidence. _______
20. I can remain cool in a crisis. _______
21. I have considerable powers of discernment. _______
22. I am quite self-sufficient. _______
23. I feel I am a persuasive person. _______
24. I feel I can hold my own in any group. _______
25. I can give praise easily and with sincerity._______
26. I appreciate constructive criticism. _______
27. I am accepted by most people I meet. _______
28. I donít feel uncomfortable in a position of authority. _______
29. I feel I have a strong personality. _______
30. I react quickly and well to an unexpected situation. _______
Count the number of times you answered "True".
25-30 Very high and stable self-esteem
20-24 Moderately high self-esteem
10-19 Unstable self-esteem
0-9 Very low self-esteem
Words to understand when doing this inventory:
tenacious: adhesive; stubborn; persistent; constant; determined.
decisive: conclusive; definite; final.
discernment: recognize differences; see clearly; insight; perception.
persuasive: convincing; forceful; effective.