Taking Part in Social Activities
Feeling good about yourself
Taking part in social activities is an important part of
everyone’s life. Belonging to clubs, teams or special-interest groups can help
you learn and grow in many ways. Here are some of the ways socialization can
- You can learn how to function in a group. It’s a chance
to learn ways to solve problems and work towards goals.
- You can learn new skills and hobbies you may use the
rest of your life.
- You can make new friends who have the same interests
- You can learn leadership skills.
- You can learn more about yourself and your abilities.
- You’re life will be fuller if you get involved that if
you let yourself become isolated.
DISCUSS/ FOR EXAMPLE;
- You’ve moved to a new city or apartment complex, how
might getting involved in social activities help you?
- Barb is interested in learning about computers. How might
social activities help her?
- What social activities have you enjoyed that you feel
have helped you grow in some way?
CI: 1998 J Benshoof (revised from J. Weston Walch,
Publisher ã 1986)